Wondering how to download Microsoft Office with the product key and want to know the procedure? You’ve come to the right place.
In this blog, you will find the setup procedure to download and install Microsoft Office using your product key on your PC. After installing the software on your device, you can simply activate it in a few steps. Let’s learn how to do it all.
Here are all the things you need to do to install MS Office/ Microsoft 365 on your device.
- Creating a Microsoft Account/Office Account
- Redeeming the Product Key/Activation Key
- Downloading your Office Setup File from office.com/setup
- Installing the Setup file on your device
- Activating Office
Also, don’t forget to check the system requirements before you attempt to install the Office product using the product key on your device.
Step 1: Creating A Microsoft Office Account
From downloading the Office product on your device to installation and activation, you need a Microsoft account to sign in. If you have an existing Microsoft account, you can link it with our Office product otherwise, use the below steps to create a new Office account for yourself.
- Open account.microsoft.com from any web browser on your device.
- Click on the Sign In button on the top and then select the “Create One” option.
- Enter your existing Microsoft email address or select the Get a New Email Address option.
- Hit Next and follow the on-screen prompts.
Now follow the next step to redeem your product key.
Step 2: Redeem And Activate Your Office Product Key
Before installing the MS Office or Microsoft 365 setup on your device, you need to redeem and activate your Office product key. We suppose you already have purchased the product and have the product key with you. If not you can purchase it by following the below steps:
- Visit the online Office store or office.com/setup and purchase the product from there.
- Once you have made the purchase successfully, you will receive a confirmation email at your provided email address. In the email, you will find the activation key/ product key that you will need to activate your product.
You can also purchase your desired Office product offline too. The product key of that product will be written on the backside of the retail card. You need to open the packaging and scratch to see the hidden code. Once you get to it, you can simply activate it online using the steps below.
Activating The Product Key
- Visit office.com/setup from any web browser on your device.
- You need to enter your Office account credentials in the given fields.
- Enter the Product key in the given space.
- Download and install the Office setup on your device right away.
Step 3: Download Microsoft Office Setup From Office.com/Setup
To download your Microsoft Office product or Office 365 from office.com/setup, you just need your Microsoft Account details. You can download the setup file of your product by following the steps below:
- Before you start, make sure your device is connected to a good network. Connecting to a WiFi connection is preferable for no interruption in the procedure.
- Now, visit office.com/setup from any of your web browsers.
- Click on the Login button and enter your Microsoft account credentials.
- Once you have signed in, go to the Home page.
- Select the Install office option and then choose the Office product you want to download, the one you have bought.
- Follow the instructions on your screen until the procedure is finished.
That’s all. In case, you couldn’t download the setup, it can be an issue with your internet. Follow the same procedure again after switching to a reliable network. You can also download your Office product from the email you received at the time you bought it.
Step 4: Installing Office On Windows
Once you have downloaded the setup file for your Office product, the next step is to install it. The steps differ for both Windows and Mac devices. Use the below steps if you are installing Office on your Windows PC:
- The first step towards installing the Office product depends on the web browser you have used to download the setup.
- If you have used Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, then you need to click on the RUN option after the file is downloaded. You will get the prompt that the file is downloaded or you can go to Downloads to install it.
- In the case of the Chrome browser, click on the SETUP option once the file is downloaded.
- In the Firefox browser, select SAVE FILE to start the installation.
- Now you will see a prompt saying “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device”. Click YES to continue.
- Wait as the installation is in process. Once it’s finished, you will see the message “You’re all set!” on your screen.
- Exit from the installation window once it’s all done and proceed with the activation.
In case you are not able to install the Office setup, then we suggest you re-download the setup file from www.office.com/setup using the steps mentioned above as the current one might be corrupted. Also, make sure you have an active internet connection.
Step 5: Activating Office On Windows
Once you have downloaded and installed the Office product using the product key, you can now activate it to get started. Don’t worry, it’s easy as ABC.
- Click on Start Menu and search for any Office application like MS Word or MS Excel to open it.
- Launch the application and accept the license agreement.
- That’s all, you can now start using your MS Office apps right away.